The relationships we form with our clients, start by sitting down and getting to know you, gathering the facts and answering your questions about what your business or professional practice requires.
Commonly asked questions
- I was referred to you by one of your clients. Can we setup a time to meet?
- Who will I be meeting with?
- How long will the first meeting take?
- What do I need to bring?
- How much will the first meeting cost?
- What information do you need to complete my corporate year-end?
- What are your fees?
- Are you able to take care of my company's bookkeeping?
- What information will you require to complete my company's bookkeeping?
- Will you charge me for questions that I ask through emails or phone calls outside of our meetings?
I was referred to you by one of your clients. Can we setup a time to meet?Yes, the first thing to do is, call Hussein Kanani, CA at 403.262.5510 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org . We can then setup a time to meet and further discuss your needs. We can meet at our offices or at your place of business for your convenience.
Who will I be meeting with?You will be meeting with the Principal of the firm, Hussein Kanani, CA.
How long will the first meeting take?The first meeting will usually take 30 to 45 minutes.
What do I need to bring?Please bring your last year's financial statements and corporate tax returns, corporate minute book, and your personal tax returns and notices of assessment from the last year.
If you are unincorporated, bring your personal tax return and notice of assessment for the last year filed.
How much will the first meeting cost?We are currently expanding and acquiring a limited number of new clients, and therefore the initial consultation is being offered at no charge.
What information do you need to complete my corporate year-end?It depends on the client and whether we provide bookkeeping services to the client or not, however, we usually ask for the following:
- A year-end income statement, balance sheet, and general ledger
- Loan statements disclosing interest paid on loans during the year
- Insurance policy documentation
- Any correspondence received from the Canada Revenue Agency
- A year-end bank reconciliation and bank statement
- A GST return
- If you do not use accounting software, such as Simply Accounting or Quickbooks, please send us a summary of your income and expenses along with bank statements, cleared cheques and/or credit card statements with related receipts, invoices and other related documentation.
What are your fees?Our fees are dependent on the scope of work to be completed, and the particular needs and budget of the client. You will be provided with a quote once we have reviewed your unique situation. KCA is fully transparent on its fee structure from the outset. No surprises.
Are you able to take care of my company's bookkeeping?Yes, we can look after of your bookkeeping function. Please click here for further information on our bookkeeping services.
What information will you require to complete my company's bookkeeping?Every client is different. Once we have met and have a better knowledge of your business and its processes, we will provide you with a customized list of information we will require to complete your company's bookkeeping.
Will you charge me for questions that I ask through emails or phone calls outside of our meetings?No, KCA will not charge you for such questions. We fully understand that clients will have questions outside of any scheduled meetings and we would be happy to answer them. If your question falls outside of our area of expertise, we will direct you towards fellow professionals in our network that can assist you.
*Should you have a question that will involve significant time and research to address, we will advise you of any fees that will be charged before we engage.